Breaking News
recent

TOM FORD | Nature of campaign photography

Sex sells. Bold start, I know, but it is a part of the reasoning behind my choice of the brand of TOM FORD. We are all aware of the way fashion is promoted today, and how and why it works and sells products. It is most likely that women get sexualised in campaigns, editorials or shoots of any kind.




''The Advertising Standards Burea found the images to be "suggestive of violence and rape." The ads also received backlash from sexual assault workers and womens' groups. ''

I might be wrong for liking the fact that Tom Ford's adverts and editorial shoots are not just objectifying women but man as well. In fact man are being more naked and sexualized in probably half of the photography I came across. We all like skin, lets not lie..and its a fact that sex sells and Tom Ford is doing that pretty well..








Obviously I am not going to get my models naked, I am not here to sell anything, but to show skills and my understanding of the brand. What I will try to do is create images inspired by the concept, color palette and lightning of the photographs made for the brand of my choice. The sexiness, baldness and quirkyness of his imagery will be my general inspiration.


Price, A. (2014) ‘Meet my little lad’ Louis Tomlinson shares adorable first picture of son Freddie reign. Available at: http://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/501586/Model-Cara-Delevingne-get-naked (Accessed: 29 January 2016).

roy (2011) ‘TOM FORD FRAGRANCE AD CAMPAIGN 2011’, 16 April. Available at: http://nyc-fashion.com/tom-ford-fragrance-ad-campaign-2011/ (Accessed: 29 January 2016).

sho fia

sho fia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.