Breaking News
recent

2nd Advert Shoot | Defenition Liner Look

On one open day at uni I was asked to do a make-up look for the fashion journalism's course introduction to photography. I had a brief that was open to my interpretation and decided to take the opportunity to create a look that would suit the Tom Ford brand. I didn't really think about it until I saw the model. She had a very distinguishable look that in my opinion matches quite well with the models that Tom Ford uses for his advertisments. 
I had the task to create a very strong eyeliner look and chose to work with dark blues and blacks. I did a very matte eye and dewy, healthy skin. As they had to present the skills of a 1st year's student from the course you can imagine they took tons of photos. The whole shabang lasted for an hour maybe so I ended up with over 200 images to pick from. I wanted the shot to be simple and clean, so I can have a contrast to my previous advert shoot (the Black Orchid one).  

As I couldn't find a counter or a store in Southampton where I could see how the High Definition Eye Liner crayons of Tom Ford SS16 beauty collection, I looked up at different youtuber's channels and looked at their swatches. 


The Liners are apparently the same shades as the eyeshadows from the collection, but aren't shimmery in my opinion. What I notice also, same as all the girls from the videos I watched, was that the eyeliner crayons and insaaanely thin, which is awesome. I can imagine that if I could afford the product I would easily have done a better and more defined job with the look I did, but in the end of the day I work with what I have. Fake it till you make it, YEAH! 




Anyway, with no further waffle here are my final images from my Liner Advert shoot:



 I tried to edit the images, so the skin  would look a bit brighter, as i have noticed that Tom Ford has a thing with almost over exposing his images. Not really over exposing, but you know what I mean. They are quite bright. Plus we have been thought that the lighter the skin looks, or maybe even bright, the healthier it looks. And I totally agree with that.
 I believe I managed to achieve a nice combination of dewy,shiny and matte kind of look with the eyes. As the Tom Ford collection looks more shimmery than I remembered I decided to cheat a little bit and add a bit of shimmer to the eyelids, using the dodge tool in Photoshop, which I think is not so noticable, but Im not going to lie, the eyes did look a bit too matte. Thankfully the Postproduction and edit helped to achieve a decent look which suits the brand and also has a note of my own style and way of work.

Overall I am happy. I am glad that for once someone else set up the studio and took the images, which left me with my other 2 favourite things to do which are the makeup and the edit after.


Here is where I took inspiration from for my edit and final touches on my images:

The thing I previously mentioned about the almost overexposed skin, which to be honest is not just affecting the skin but the whole image, but it really helps to see the texture of the garments as well. The strong eye also could be used as a reference to what I have done with the make-up. In the images bellow you can see a similar use of background for the SS16 beauty collection which thank god makes my shot relevant enough. The edit is very smooth and makes the skin grab your attention.






sho fia

sho fia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.