Breaking News
recent

RED LIPS and STARRY EYES | SS16 Make-up Trends

SS16 TRENDS
 Vogue gives us a great idea of what is going to be trendy for each season on the year. In their article about the make-up trends for Spring/Summer 2016 I found things that could potentially influence my make-up designs so here is some of my brief observations...

I understand that 
fashion and trends
are like a spinning wheel or  even a cycle that comes and goes in time. 
What has been trendy will be trendy once again at some point. What is confusing me is the fact that the trend for the blue eyeshadow/liner/etc has already been a thing in SS14 and Fall 2014. It could be that the blue eyes have been such a hit that they came back just few years later they were a thing. If I dig more it will probably appear in 5 more seasons in the last 10 years. I do enjoy the idea and look of blue glitter, greasy/matte or just electric,blue mascara or any blue eye make-up. I will definately try and incorporate this with my brand shoots if relevant. 

So here are some more images of the very well known Blue Eye Makeup from the past seasons:





 
Starting from Egyptian 
women in the past using paint (sometimes toxic) and more specificaly and relevant to the topic, Blue paint to exaggerate the lines of their veins
'' Women traced the veins in their temples and breasts with blue paint and tipped their nipples with liquid gold. Eye shadow was important to both sexes; it was usually green and applied to both the top and the bottom lids.''
to women in the 60s using pale and matte, blues, greens and greys the BLUE EYE MAKE-UP is a trend that I doubt will ever go out of fashion. Contemporising everything keeps the classic and old-fashioned up do date trendy. After mentioning the fact Egyptian women would apply liquid gold on their nipples I must continue with the next trend of SS16 that is of great interest to me.
As HARPERS BAZAAR has said in their '' The best Makeup Trends SS16'' gallery one of the trends this season will be all about the STARRY EYES. Various sources state that glittery,shimmery and starry eyes will take over as well as another relevant to me trend which is under the name of Candy Apple (a.k.a Red Lips). I will be talking about red lips more in future posts as TOM FORD is never cheating on that Femme Fatale theme, but for the shimmery eyes...Lets give them a second of attention, cause I am obsessed with shiny things and I just can not not share my excitement! The way my writing style quickly changed back to witty and personal shows you exactly how excited I got!



I think that its great 
that glitter is in the game of SS season 2016. It will bring a warm, angelic feel of shiny magic. Glitter makes almost 100% every woman feel magical.. I believe it does! Although I am yet to find out if Tom Ford would allow glitter anywhere different from the clothes, I believe a little bit of very fine glitter wouldn't hurt my designs as I thing it would bring texture and some shine to looks that might be in desperate need of magic dust.




 
handbook (2012) Women’s 1960s makeup: An overview - hair and makeup artist handbook. Available at: http://hair-and-makeup-artist.com/womens-1960s-makeup/ (Accessed: 3 February 2016).

Kallor, A., Rodulfo, K., Silverstein, N., Joe, T., Holmes, S. and Yavari, L. (2015) The 8 biggest beauty trends for spring 2016. Available at: http://www.elle.com/beauty/news/g26945/new-york-fashion-week-spring-2016-beauty/?slide=3 (Accessed: 3 February 2016).

Modes in makeup, a brief history of cosmetics (no date) Available at: http://www.vintageconnection.net/ModesInMakeup.htm (Accessed: 3 February 2016).

Tunell, A., Staff, H.B. and Catanese, N. (2014) Fall 2014 beauty trend: Blue-eyed girls. Available at: http://www.harpersbazaar.com/beauty/makeup/advice/g4006/blue-eye-makeup-2014/? (Accessed: 3 February 2016).

Tunell, A., Staff, H.B., Broekema, S. and Pieri, K. (2015) The best makeup trends for spring 2016. Available at: http://www.harpersbazaar.com/beauty/makeup/g6416/spring-2016-makeup-trends/?thumbnails (Accessed: 3 February 2016).

Wagoner, M. (2015) The 9 top beauty trends of the spring 2016 shows. Available at: http://www.vogue.com/13359453/top-beauty-trends-spring-2016-fashion-week/ (Accessed: 3 February 2016).
sho fia

sho fia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.