Breaking News
recent

Timed Assessment



 Being me is so annoying. Of course I left my design for last minute and had to think of a look 2-3 less than a week before the assessment. I wanted to be influenced strongly by the textures of Tom Ford's clothing, but then again I had to take under consideration SS16 trends and still keep it original and mine, you know.


 One evening when I got back from uni I decided to try and put eyeliner on myself. As Im shit at this I made the wing waaay too long and it almost looked like it is going to connect to my eyebrows. Soooo I connected it to my eyebrows and decided that that could work. It looked a bit geometrical and reminded me of textures I have seen and overall seemed like a good idea. 

 
As soon as I got to the next practical lesson I had to try the look on someone else and see how it works and how hard it would be to achieve the perfect lines. Oh my days. It was soooo hard. I mean I am not a patient make-up artist and like to work quick, so I still did it in a reasonable timeframe but it wasnt perfect.









 The day before the assessment I got to practice on my actual model Amelia. Again same story as my 1st practice on Kornelija but this time slightly more complicated as Amelia's eyebrows are thinner (which I found works better) but still gives me more opportunities to fuck it up and get it uneven.


 After the lesson she even offered to help me and make some stencils so it is a 100% sure both eyebrows and eyes are the same, but in the end of the day they look like sisters not like twins, yeah, hahah. Anyway I couldn't be bothered to do that and risk messing it up because of a brand new technique, so I ended up using the good old duck tape and my hands to do the job. Doing something completely different from what I have practiced twice already sounded like a bad idea and the fact it was already late and I was knackered didnt really make it a situation.


The hair. I never got to practice it on Amelia, but as I have already done it soooo many times I was confident enough to miss this part. The low sleek ponytail is probably the most typical catwalk hairstyle but even though it looks simple it still requires precision. As I said I've done it before so I felt that it is easier than the make-up I chose to do, so I was sure I will manage with the time that was given.
 
 ON THE ASSESSMENT DAY
 Everything was running as smooth as it could've. Amelia arrived on time, I was all set up and ready to work. The whole process included:
  1. applying base
  2. contouring and blending everything
  3. highlight
  4. eyeliner 
  5. applying masacara
  6. and then section hair
  7. hairspray
  8. put in a ponytail
  9. wrap a small section of hair around around the hairband 
  10. pin it
    And that was pretty much it.

    I took aaaaages to do the eyeliner. Literally had not more than 20 minutes to do the hair. Good thing was that Amelia had her hair prepared and straight in middle parting otherwise I wouldn't have had enough time. It was stressful but a pleasure in the same time, as I had freedom of choice and did something that I am now proud of.
sho fia

sho fia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.