Breaking News
recent

2nd Editorial shoot

After doing my ''After party" editorial shoot I had to create another one with a overall contrasting shoot. As the previous shoot was done on location, with 3 models and a story behind it I wanted to make an eyewear editorial. So more of an advertising editorial rather than storytelling one. The difference make-up wise was that this time around I did a very natural no-makeup makeup. Style was more simple and minimal and included eyewear. 

I chose Lia Lazar as my model as I find she has the Tom Ford model face. Soft features, big lips and dreamy eyes. Looks innocent but can photograph sexy, which I believe a Tom Ford signature. I got Naomi, who is a fashion stylist on board with us. She brought the coats and eyewear and helped around whilst I was shooting. 

I used a spotlight and gobo's, colourfull backgrounds and various of trendy poses to create a fresh shoot. As my other editorial was quite dark I felt like that is the way to go. There was a bit of troubles setting the light properly as it had to be aimed directly at the model and not a millimeter to the side, otherwise there would be a dark shadow going across the model and that was not the point. With a lot of adjusting and moving around we took the images quite quick and got the shoot done. It was great working with Lia as she was super confident infront of the camera and was doing everything I asked her to. Naomi was also a pleasure to work with and responded to my shout for help almost last minute.



My inspiration for styling, colours, and everything in general, came from the following images:






 High contrast, sexapeal, fur, eyewear. Colours and textures combined in a way that the model has a luxurious look. Which is exactly what Tom Ford is about. Makeup is different in all the images, but I would say I can reference my look with the last image's look. The smoothness and sophistication in all images pushed me to try and create something as sleek and finished.

Here is what I got after postproduction:




After having a 1:1 tutorial I realised and was given a note for the fact that there is too much chest on display and had to crop images a bit and play around. I was pleased to see that the feedback was indeed helpful as I prefer the cropped images more than the first ones I had :


 Now I need to do a final cut in order to get a good arrangement and composition for the photos and add the Tom Ford logo sign and the images are done for good.

New in: Tom Ford sunglasses 2015 autumn-winter campaign (2015) Available at: https://www.fashioneyewear.co.uk/blog/whats-hot/new-in-tom-ford-sunglasses-2015-autumn-winter-campaign/ (Accessed: 22 March 2016).



Posted (2011) Jason of Beverly Hills: Eyegasim: Tom Ford women’s collection autumn/winter 2011. Available at: http://jasonofbh.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/eyegasim-tom-ford-womens-collection.html (Accessed: 22 March 2016).

rickyglaz (2011) Emusiclist. Available at: https://emusiclist.wordpress.com/page/69/ (Accessed: 22 March 2016).
sho fia

sho fia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.